I've gotten all moved into my new room and it's great! The
Palace, as the house where I'm living is affectionately called, is huge and pretty nice. The worst part are the ants in the kitchen and I don't think our dryer works. Other than that, things are good! It's great having my own bathroom connected to my room. The house is also super close to the school - about a 5 minute walk. Then, in the other direction, there is a small "mall" about a 10 minute walk away.
We started teacher orientation yesterday and it was a short meeting in the morning and then we were able to work in our rooms for the rest of the day. My room is a corner room about 10ft x 12ft - TINY. It's so small with no whiteboard to write on or bulletin board to post things - great. I understand that my classes will probably be the smallest in the school but I still need materials to work with - frustrating. And windows are awesome but there are so many that there is hardly any wall space to put up a bulletin board or whiteboard. I'm not sure what's going to happen yet so we'll see.
All right, well right now I'm with all the other young teachers so I'd better go be social :-)
1 comment:
E- glad you're having fun so far! I'm sure even with a small room and little resources, you'll be creative and make things work. I hope it's a great experience for you.
Post a Comment