It's been a few days since the last update because I haven't been able to get the page to load. Of course now, when I'm waiting to be picked up to leave, it works. Oh well, I'll do what I can with the short time.
Sooo...I had soooo much fun at dinner Sunday night! See picture. Jonathan was there with his two friends Vanessa and Chris (who are great!) and then I went with Amy, Jona
Two days ago, Amy and I went to the market, which was an experience. A lot of the stalls had fish...but not normal fish. All of the fish they had, had this silvery sheen to them. I can't even describe it. And the smell...gha! It was really gross but apparently Ghanaian's really love it. I bought some fabric, too that I took yesterday to a seamstress to get made into a shirt/skirt combo. I'm not sure what it's going to look like so it'll be a surprise, haha.
Today I'm leaving with the three other new teachers and heading to Cape Coast and Kakum National Park. Liz is the one that knows what we're doing and on which days but as far as I can tell, there are some castles, forts, and fish markets to see as well as a canopy walk through the rainforest! We're basically just going to go down to Cape Coast and bum around for a few days and probably stay in a little hotel that Jon recommended. We'll also head to the next town over, Elmina, where there's a really good castle to see. Pray that I don't get car sick on the way down there!
Anyway, that's an update for now. I'll be sure and post another with pictures when I get back from our trip! "See" you in a few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment