It's been about two weeks since my last update and not too much has changed or happened.
Last Friday the 14th was field day for the kids at school. Basically it was a day of mostly organized games and fun. It was pretty fun except it was so hot outside. I think the students all had a really good time and it was a good break from school. Pictures...
The only frustrating part is that we've been missing a lot of school. Field day was fun but it meant that we had two four day weeks in a row, one full week and then another four day week of school. As a student, that's amazing. As a teacher, that really sucks. Because of our schedule we already only have each class four days a week and then to lose a whole day means I only see some students three days a week. Then on top of that, students have been pulled out of class to work on the Christmas program. One week, I only had one class twice. TWICE!!! So frustrating. Another frustrating thing was this past Monday when I came in to school to find out that I had one new student in Algebra I and one new student in Physical Science. Um, okay great that we're getting new students but where am I supposed to put them? Not only do I NOT have the space in my room but I was given NO advance notice to even find these students a desk and a chair. New students cannot be let into a school if we do not have the resources to accommodate them: period. Yes, I have a desk and chair for these students NOW but only because the desks we were having made happened to be done early. In a school this size, surprising a teacher with two new students is ridiculous and unprofessional.
Okay, I'm done complaining :-)
Two days ago on Friday, a bunch of us got together to celebrate Christmas a bit early! Amanda and I baked some cookies and then we all iced them! Then, we watched a few of the Friends Christmas episodes. It was such a fun night! Pictures...
Alright, well the only other semi-exciting thing was yesterday's Jumble Sale. It was pretty fun though with lots of people. A bunch of different organizations/people/stores/whatever bought tables for the jumble sale and then brought stuff to sell. It was basically a massive yard sale except people were selling arts and crafts and nice things. I bought a few things but thankfully I didn't bring too much money because if I had I would have spent it! Pictures...
See you in America soon!
1 comment:
yesssssssssssss. the 13th is also my mom's birthday! what a great day!
- Dan
Post a Comment