Hello!
Well here I am in Ghana! So crazy. It's so surreal to think that I'm finally here. There was so much build up and yet it was never really real to me that I was moving to AFRICA. It's definitely real now :-) The flights here were fine and the one from Detroit to Amsterdam was AMAZING! I had three seats all to myself so I was able to stretch out and lie down. It was pretty awesome. I had some minor trouble in customs but was able to get into the country without being sent back to the States, thank the Lord!
Anyway, I'm staying here with a young married couple, Jonathan and Amy, and they are so nice. Another new teacher will also be staying here with them and I'm so excited to see her! A familiar face! On Sunday I'll be meeting up with Jon Andereck and am SUPER excited about that! He's been here in Ghana for a few weeks volunteering at a clinic and I can't wait to hear about it. It will also be awesome to see a familiar friend! Can't wait.
Okay, that's enough for now. The weather here is good today. It's rainy season so it's not too hot yet! I already have two bumps that might be bug bites so pray that #1 it's not malaria, #2 it doesn't make me sick in general.
I miss the States already! The weirdest part is not being able to be in constant contact, i.e. phone, Internet, you know.
Elyse :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment