To be honest, not too much happened after that. We were afraid to leave the relative comforts of East Legon! Amanda and her mom made a trip to the art market and we all made one more trip to Osu and other than that... you could find us lying by the pool. :-)
Let's re-focus on the FOOD we ate over spring break. Some I've already mentioned and some I haven't. There was just too much good food eaten over break to not devote an entire blog entry to it.
First up - Thursday night dinner at La Galette! No picture of the food but the chicken alfredo pasta and 4 seasons pizza Meg and I shared were delicious!
Friday morning breakfast - bow fruit. I have no idea how you actually spell it but that's what it sounds like. And it has nothing to do with fruit.
It's basically a donut. A delicious, greasy, mess of a donut. Yep, they cook it over a fire on the side of the road and serve it to you wrapped in a piece of newspaper. Classy!
Friday night dinner at Monsoon. The amazing sushi about which I've already written and posted a picture. Here's a picture of the rest of the sushi Amanda and I split - fashion sandwich and sashimi!
Can we go back now? Please?
Saturday night at Chez Afrique. Mmmmmm red-red. I wish I had some right now!
Top: Gari Foto. Middle left: palava sauce. Middle right: beans part of red-red. Far left: rice to be eaten with red-red. Bottom middle: fried plantain, the other half of red-red. Bottom right: boiled yams to be eaten with palava sauce.
Sunday (Easter!) breakfast I made cinnamon pancakes with a delicious apple sugar-y topping!
I promise it's better than this picture looks. And I don't know why it uploaded sideways.
Easter dunch/linner/something between lunch and dinner! Bar-b-q chicken, green beans, garlic mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmm.
The green beans were an especially nice treat!
Easter dinner, aka feast!!! A family from the school invited us over for dinner. A Lebanese family. Lebanese food is sooooooooooooooo good!
Dessert MIGHT have been better... do you SEE that chocolate cake??? And the Lebanese goodies on the left and the chocolates on the right. Wow.
Monday was the Afrikiko debacle so let's skip to Tuesday.
Tuesday dinner I cooked again! And Amanda made one of my most favorite desserts...

Tuesday dinner I cooked again! And Amanda made one of my most favorite desserts...
I may look a little crazy in this picture BUT the garlic chicken pasta with broccoli and accompanying salad were delectable!
Dessert was scrumptious! Hot from the oven apple crisp. Mmmmmmmm, thanks Amanda!

Just when you start to think, "How much can these people eat?!" It keeps going.
Wednesday morning I made cinnamon rolls!

One more! Wednesday night we made our way back to Osu and feasted on Chinese food.

Sadly, we are now finished with the trip through "Spring Break Food 2010."
Hopefully I'll see you again at my next installment, "Mexican Food Extravaganza June 2010."
Wednesday morning I made cinnamon rolls!
Yep, from scratch. And we had some mango. You know - for balance.
One more! Wednesday night we made our way back to Osu and feasted on Chinese food.
Amanda and I each got soup noodles: her with chicken and me with beef. It was soooooo good and made even better by the new air conditioning at this restaurant!
Sadly, we are now finished with the trip through "Spring Break Food 2010."
Hopefully I'll see you again at my next installment, "Mexican Food Extravaganza June 2010."
I didn't even give a shout out to the amazing mom who provided me with all of these pictures!!!
Momma Joyce - thank you for EVERYTHING over break!!! It was fun showing you around! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment