28 January 2010

African Cup!

BLACK STARS!!! Today, Ghana's football team (soccer is what we call it in America) beat Nigeria in the semi-finals for the African Cup... which means Ghana will play in the finals for the African Cup on Sunday!!! They'll play whoever wins the game going on right now between Egypt and Algeria. Several of us teachers went across the street after school to the Five Point Restaurant to watch the game and let me tell you - there is NOTHING like watching a football game with Ghanaians! They LIVE for football! Ghana scored their one and only goal fairly early in the game and the place erupted in cheers! The rest of the game was fairly quiet with a bit of a rocky second half where Ghana was on defense most of the time. They were able to hold Nigeria, though to beat them 1-0. Okay, imagine what it's like on OSU campus after OSU wins big at home over Michigan... it was like that... but better. Everyone is screaming and high-fiving and you can hear the yells of excitment from other places around the neighborhood, car horns are going off in a ridiculous manner, people are dancing in the street - MASS chaos! I know it doesn't sound amazing or fun so you'll just have to trust me - or come visit.

In other news - I GOT A NEW POWER CORD FOR MY COMPUTER! Ben Mcneer was amazingly kind and got a universal one for me from Walmart. I'm on my computer right now. It's glorious. Life is good. BUT. Do you freaking know how hard it is to get into those hard plastic cases??? Here's how hard...That's what the plastic looked like after I was done with it.

I think I won.The yellow light of magical power!!! IT WORKS!

That's it for now. Time for bed.

Miss you all in America!

1 comment:

Mariah S said...

I'm glad you have power to your computer ;-)